FIELDWORK 2015 EXHBITION OPENS SATURDAY, MAY 9, 2-4 PM.
Please note that due to unforeseen circumstances the installation by Reinhard Reitzenstein and Gayle Young will be opening later in the summer.
- FIVE NEW INSTALLATIONS: ANNETTE HEGEL, KIMBERLY EDGAR, FRANC VAN OORT, REINHARD REITZENSTEIN & GAYLE YOUNG, CHRISTINE NOBEL & BRIAN BARTH
- ARTISTS WILL SPEAK BRIEFLY ABOUT THEIR WORK AT 2:30
- ALSO FEATURING ORNITHOLOGY 101 - A PRESENTATION OF 13 IMAGINATIVE BIRD BOXES BY THE KIDS AT BROOKE VALLEY SCHOOL
NEW EVENT - FRAMEWORK: WORDS ON THE LAND. AUGUST 21-23.
- A WEEKEND OF IN-SITU WRITING FOR 10 INVITED WRITERS - IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE OTTAWA INTERNATIONAL WRITERS FESTIVAL/PERTH CHAPTER
- PUBLIC READING: SUNDAY AUGUST 23, 3PM - FEATURING EXCERPTS FROM THE WEEKEND'S WORK
- TICKETS AND FURTHER DETAILS COMING LATER THIS SPRING - STAY TUNED
FIELDWORK is open to the public daily, all year and free of charge. Just park and walk.
Note: Please remember that it is a natural setting and there are bugs (including ticks). Be sure to dress accordingly and cover up.
Directions to the project are here
Since its inception in 2008, FIELDWORK has been run by a team of artists (The Collective) that volunteer their time and energy to make FIELDWORK a vibrant and dynamic destination for the creation and experience of site-specific artwork in and around a field in eastern Ontario, close to the towns of Perth and Maberly.
FIELDWORK hosts work by local, national and international artists at various stages of their careers and invites the public to visit and explore the artwork all year long. FIELDWORK also hosts workshops in collaboration with other organizations.
The Collective looks after the site, co-ordinates and promotes projects, shares administrative duties and makes joint curatorial decisions. From time to time the Collective members also create their own FIELDWORK installations.
The FIELDWORK Collective welcomes proposals from interested artists and circulates a public call for proposals annually in January. Suggestions and proposals for events or workshops are also welcomed from the local community, schools and arts organizations that are interested in fostering connections, dialogue and creative action between people, art, and nature. Please contact us at email@example.com
More information on current and past installations can be found by scrolling down this page and/or by looking in the archives in the right hand menu. Be sure to also check out additional photos of the installations - found in the galleries located in the right hand menu.
If you would like to be notified by email when a new posting or change has been added to this blog, press the orangy/red 'syndicate' button (RSS symbol) in the menu to the right and follow the instructions.
Please "Like' our Facebook Page
For information on the first three installations at FIELDWORK (Summer 2008, Autumn 2008, Winter 2008/09) visit our old blog.